Being pregnant can be an exciting time full hope and promise for the future. Pregnancy can also be a time of morning sickness and feeling tired as your little one grows inside you. Luckily, you don’t have to let the morning sickness and sleepiness keep you from having positive oral health. In fact, keeping up with your oral health can help you and your baby in many ways during this time.
Our dentist, Dr. E. Morgan Scheiber, understands the importance of your oral health while you are pregnant. That is why our team at E. Morgan Scheiber & Associates in Plymouth, Massachusetts, wants to let you know the information you need about your oral health while you are pregnant.
Here are some facts about pregnancy and your oral health:
– Pregnancy is known to increase your risk of gum disease.
– When you are pregnant, due to morning sickness and being extremely tired, poor oral hygiene can become a problem and has been linked to other conditions such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and premature delivery making it more critical than ever to keep up with your oral hygiene routine.
– Always visit your dentist regularly when you are pregnant to make sure your oral health is in top-notch shape.
– Be sure to tell your dentist if you are taking any medications or prenatal vitamins.
– Keep up with your oral hygiene, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily.
– Watch your diet while you are pregnant for both you and your baby and avoid sugars which can be harmful to your health and your oral health too.
As you can see, taking care of your smile while you are pregnant is important for oral health success. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need to see a dentist, please call us today at 508-746-4033 to make an appointment. We look forward to helping you through this exciting time.