As a teen, an assortment of peer pressures lies ahead. Yet, because of all the social politics for kids to fit into their favored social circles, it is often a time when their oral health gets neglected or mistreated in favor of peer pressure choices. When it comes to your smile, your teeth and gums are often left behind. However, do not despair as there is hope. The best smiles are possible with teenage dentistry. Facts about teenage dentistry include:
– Shield your smile from danger by visiting your dentist for regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Avoid all unhealthy habits that can ruin a smile, including smoking, drinking, and using drugs.
– Make sure to brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily.
– Try to wear protective gear such as mouth guards, face masks, and helmets when playing contact sports or any other similar high-risk activity.
– Do not fall victim to risks to your mouth such as mouth jewelry which can cause infections, crack or chip teeth, cut or slice your gums, or become choking hazards.
To prevent tooth failure as a teen, make sure you are following the proper treatment techniques for a healthy smile that can last a lifetime. If you would like Dr. E. Morgan Scheiber and our team at E. Morgan Scheiber & Associates to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact our dentist office in Plymouth, Massachusetts, by calling us at 508-746-4033. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!