The key to treating oral cancer often comes in diagnosing it in time. The disease varies on a case-by-case basis, but successful recovery often hinges upon finding it in time. Listed below are some methods for spotting signs of oral cancer:
– Constant sore throats and pains in the back of your throat could be symptoms of something more severe, including signs of oral cancer.
– Watch for wounds that do not heal quickly in your head and face, as they could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Loss of feeling or unusual pains within the facial area may be a sign of an underlying disorder.
– Look for visible signs of harm, including irregular or abnormal colored and speckled patches, bumps and lumps, and eroded areas with your gums.
– Other changes within your smile that could be the result of oral cancer include drastic weight loss, changes in your teeth’s alignment, and issues when speaking or eating.
– Irregular bleeding from your mouth often presents itself as a sign of oral cancer.
If you would like to schedule an oral cancer screening at E. Morgan Scheiber & Associates, simply call our dentist office in Plymouth, Massachusetts, at our number 508-746-4033. Dr. E. Morgan Scheiber and our entire team look forward to making your smile shine!